Continuing the post we will Troubleshoot some more scenarios where we can not get to RWW homepage and get an error.You can refer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318380 to find cause and resolution to messages with error codes in them. We will discuss a few errors with error codes.
HTTP Error 403 – Forbidden
There are many versions of this error . So you need to go through the complete error and check what you need to Proceed with troubleshooting
If you get this error as well
You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials
- Check the permissions In IIS console for remote virtual directory under directory security.make sure it is default
- Check Documents in the properties of Remote Vdir .Make sure Default.aspx is not missing .You can add Default.aspx if it is missing and you shoule be able to browse RWW.
HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Open the IIS manager, under Web Sites, expand Default Web Site, Highlight Remote Virtual directory dir and click Properties.
Under Directory security tab, Under IP address and domain name restrictions, click Edit.
Select Granted Access and remove the IP addresses of any computers that you wish to allow access from the exceptions field.
Click OK to exit
403 Forbidden - The server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202) Internet Security and Acceleration Server .
The page cannot be displayed:
Make sure you are using the correct fully qualified domain name (FQDN) in the URL to access RWW and that it resolves to the correct internet IP address for the SBS 2003 server.
Check if ports 80 & 443 are open on the firewall between the server and the client from where you try to browse.
If this does not resolve the issue , run Connect to internet wizard (CEICW / ICW )
- Launch connect to internet wizard.Click Next on the Welcome screen.
- On the Connection Type screen, select Do not change connection type and then click Next.
- On the Firewall screen, select Enable Firewall, and then click Next.
- On the Services Configuration screen, click Next.
- On the Web Services Configuration screen, select either of the following options
A. Allow access to only the following Web site services from the Internet and Remote Web Workplace
B. Allow access to the entire Web site from the Internet
- On the Web Server Certificate screen & Internet E-mail screen, select Do not change and then click Next.
You should not receive “Page cannot be displayed” Error